My Little Love Bug,
It is so hard for me to believe that you are already one year old. Where did the time go? Wasn’t it just yesterday you were rolling around kicking my bladder?
Some days it’s hard for me to remember just how small you were. Even some of your newborn things were big for you. Now you’re this running, laughing, independent little monkey and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
At one year old you can:
- give Oliver hugs
- climb the couch & get down
- drink from a straw
- follow simple directions “put the lid on please”
At one year old you love to:
- be chased
- play with the big neighborhood kids
- open the drawer to the stove
- play in the tub/baby pool
- wrestle & rough house
- fruit, specifically berries & watermelon
- rice & beans
- broccoli, kale, and vegetable medley where you hunt down all the lima beans first
- You can sort of sign “all done,”
- holding anyone’s hand while walking
- laying still for a diaper change
- going down for a second nap
- being told you can’t get down and walk
- when we can’t hold you
- 17 lbs and 6 oz
- 29.5 inches long
- blue eyed and blonde hair (that’s starting to curl!)
- busy. so so busy!
- smiling with 4 bottom teeth, and 4 top teeth
Oh Emerson, you make us smile everyday. You are a lovable, sweet, thoughtful person and it has been a joy watching you grow over this past year. Your giggle lights up a room, and your goofy grin always makes me smile. You find wonder in everything we do. You love to carefully observe the world and process information in a quiet manor.You continue to inspire me to be the best person I can, and I continue to love you so much it hurts. Let’s see what this next year brings, shall we?!
Love, Love, LOVE-